Well - all things well planned often have an almost insurmountable glitch in them - usually toward the last minute......
All is packed, all arrangements in place - then I tried to print out boarding passes and again after speaking to several folks in India found that due to the dog travelling with me I cannot print out the passes - okay - so no problem - I can deal with that - will get to the airport with plenty of time. Have to hand the Chessies and the truck over to Pete and then will race to the counter - no problem - I can handle almost anything - right?
Mmm - well I then get a call - with just a few hours to go - Pete and Caren are stranded in Acapulco - nice place to be stranded in.... however, the storms are such that they are not getting out of there any time soon.
What to do? try to get a later flight - gosh I really do not want to deal with the support staff at Delta again - it is very frustrating, but I call and the options are expensive - another $800 to have the flight changed. Call back and forth to Mexico and NC.
Finally I decide to hitch a ride with my son to the airport and catch the flight out. Luckily he was okay with picking me up later. All the dogs will be okay here for the night - my folks will feed them in the morning if C&P do not get here till sometime tomorrow. Their truck is already packed and ready to go - all is well - sort of - we are again down a driver now. Will worry about that in NC. Maybe Caren can get a later flight or get herself rerouted to NC instead of San Francisco - this is the beginning of a trek that even the Boers would find interesting!! Next post will be "we are on our way" - I hope :)